Even though the Shelby Farms Greenline is open, our work is far from done. We are working on adding additions to this Greenline, including shelters with benches, trash cans, bike parking and more.
Our vision reaches beyond the Shelby Farms Greenline. Here is what we are working on now:
1. The purchase of a 2-mile section of unused rail near Chelsea Ave., which links Uptown, the Wolf River Greenway and the Mississippi River Trail with nearby schools, St. Jude, Rhodes College and Midtown. This PDF outlines the details of the North Memphis plan.
2. The development of a plan to extend the western terminus of the Shelby Farms Greenline to Overton Park on the north and the Fairgrounds to the south via a new North-South Connector.
- This PDF outlines the details of the Fairgrounds plan.
- This PDF outlines the details of the North-South Connector.
- This PDF outlines the details of the Overton Park Connection, a project being led by Livable Memphis.
4. The creation of 400 miles of utility easements into a multi-use trail system, with the permission and support of MLG&W.
5. The development a multi-use Harahan Bridge Boardwalk. This PDF outlines the details of this plan.
Here is a map of our proposals to make Memphis a more walkable and bikeable city:
See a larger version of the map above here.